- This is our Castle Wedding Packages - 'Evening Entertainment - Terms & Conditions'.
This DJ package must now be booked direct with the DJ.
Rates vary according to the DJ's individual charges which may vary according to year, whether weekday or weekend, or a 'premium date', etc.
Venue Hire applies if SWEEP
taken as a stand-alone
unless 20 guests stay overnight on a B&B basis
You pay the DJ direct for his services separately and additionally. DJ Rates vary by year.
If taking a full wedding package the standard finger buffet is included.
As a Standalone we offer: Evening Hot Fork Buffet Two £35.00 per head (min 100) (2023)
Standalone Hot Fork Buffet Two Rates for future years are:
2024 - £38.50
2025 - £42.50
2026 - £46.75
There is venue hire on the main function room & Bar (£1,050 in 2023) - capacity 150 - if no bedrooms are used by guests,
Hire rates for Future Years are:
2024 - £1,150.00
2025 - £1,265.00
2026 - £1,390.00
or no venue hire when you guarantee 20 guests or more to stay overnight at weekend B&B rates.
Guests will pay £150/night B&B for 2 in an en-suite, which drops to 30% off (£105) for 2 on 2nd night. NB: guests pay for their own accommodation.
- When taking SWEEP as a stand-alone Evening Only Reception, your booking is not 'Exclusive' as we may host another event in the Conservatory, plus there'll be other B&B guests using the lounges and Conservatory.
- There's no venue hire if you guarantee 20 guests to stay overnight.
- If fewer stay, make a top-up payment for the difference.
- For free exclusive use of the function room and bar, it's worth subsidising your guests' B&B, to encourage more to stay - and party - for longer.
- Venue hire at Regular tariff still applies to any extra rooms hired - however you shouldn't need extra rooms for an 'evening only' function.
This is an evening only package; it does not include the ceremony room, the wedding breakfast, the welcome drinks, or all the rooms, just the function room for an evening hot fork buffet.
You can hire extra rooms such as the ceremony room if required, separately.
You will hire the DJ separately, as the price of £35 / head is just for the evening buffet.
Our Special Wedding Evening Entertainment Package (SWEEP), whether standalone or as part of a wedding package, or our Ultimate Wedding Package (UWP) or our VIP (2 Day) Wedding Package, allows for the use of a DJ whereby a contribution element* (within your package price) is deducted when booking our “recommended DJ, Darren Tipples of DJ Sound & Lighting”.
We will refer you to the DJ directly and if available he will contract with you directly, under his own Terms and Conditions.
* In the case of UWP - Ultimate Wedding Package, and WED-VIP - Weekend Exclusive Deal, two day VIP wedding, the 'contribution element' made by the Castle is currently £600 (2023-2026) off the DJ's standard rates.
* In the case of SWEEP - Special Wedding Evening Entertainment Package, the 'contribution element' is not monetary but takes the form of a discount off the DJ's standard rates, specially negotiated by Craig y Nos Castle for its Couples for the SWEEP offer.
As and when the DJ advises us that you have paid him, we will contra-credit the DJ costs contribution to your booking in the case of UWP and WED-VIP. This reduces your balance due for UWP and WED-VIP.
You are ONLY permitted to use our recommended DJ as indicated above for these packages (SWEEP, UWP, & WED-VIP) unless we are advised of his unavailability, at which time you may book your own DJ direct.
A contribution element as specified in your UWP/ WED-VIP wedding package will then be made upon proof of payment. To qualify all suppliers must be bona fide suppliers with a website/facebook page – business card and carry appropriate insurance - read more below.
For weddings where no DJ element is required/ or included, then you are permitted to use any DJ of your own choosing.
You are permitted additionally to have any entertainment and/or band or external supplier however legal and insurance regulations are such that any 3rd party supplier must ensure that they have their equipment regularly checked, insured and authorised in advance – so they can safeguard / cover any liability to their own guests and/or ourselves.
The following will therefore apply:
a. That “the supplier” has their equipment is checked. Whilst PAT testing is not a legal requirement within the hotel, it is the best proof to ensure that the equipment is safe.
b. The supplier has Public Liability Insurance to protect themselves for claims from their own guests and to cover our premises for damage or loss for instance (but not limited to) fire or flood.
c. The customer has confirmed with us in advance who their supplier is and the supplier has been asked to provide the above to us.
This unfortunately means that friends and/or relatives who can DJ or are in bands, are NOT permitted to perform/ offer a service at the castle – unless the above parts (a – c) apply and are shown to staff prior to the wedding date.
as Stand Alone
quick quoter for 2023-2025
Evening Function Room & Bar Exclusive, with Hot Fork Buffet Two, below rates conditional on 20 guests staying overnight.
£35.00 guest with the DJ paid separately - rates for DJ vary
Booking and Paying for the DJ
(1) You will enter into a direct contract with your selected DJ, not the Castle, for the Evening Disco he provides.
(2) The fee for the DJ is paid directly by you to the DJ in two instalments.
(3) To book the DJ you will need to pay him a deposit.
(4) The final balance is due to the DJ 30 days prior to your Wedding.
(5) You pay the Castle for the Buffet at the appropriate rate for the chosen Buffet.
(6) You need 100 guests for a 'stand-alone' evening only castle buffet.
Enjoy a Homely Welcome and Friendly Service at Craig y Nos Castle