- Time from Llanelli to Craig y Nos Castle Wedding Venue: 50 minutes
- Distance from Llanelli to Craig y Nos Castle Wedding Reception Venue: 29 miles
See our Weekend Wedding Package with 60 to 70 day guests and 50 guests staying overnight.
A unique Wedding Venue - the romance of a real Welsh Castle combined with the historic grandeur of our very own Opera House licensed for wedding ceremonies.
Craig y Nos Castle only accepts one wedding a day, so you and your guests from Llanelli will have the run of the whole ground floor of the castle exclusively.
in or near to Llanelli,
or can you go further afield
When you choose a venue further away from your base, you'll tend to invite everyone for the whole day. Also you'll need somewhere all your guests can stay overnight.
Unlike with a 'local' wedding reception, when you marry at Craig y Nos, you won't have so many guests shooting off early to get home. With more local weddings nearer to Llanelli, a wedding party dwindles around 11-12 as guests leave to go home. Having everyone stay over at Craig y Nos means your party lasts late into the night.
The mountain scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park guarantees you stunning photo opportunities both inside and outside the castle. The Grade One Listed Opera House makes a fantastic setting for your wedding ceremony. You get exclusive use of the whole ground floor of the castle for you and your wedding guests.
When considering wedding decor you may already have plenty of your own ideas for your wedding. Or maybe you are still looking for inspiration?
Reflect the story of Llanelli in your decor, to connect your personal history in your home town's roots, and your family's location in Llanelli. You may get some ideas from the history of Llanelli below, its buildings, street names, or local transport routes etc.
1. Llanelli became so famous for tinplate production, though historically it was a mining town, that it was known as 'Tinopolis'. Tata Steel Europe tinplate works is based at Trostre, though it uses steel strip from Port Talbot as Llanelli tin mines were closed.
2. Llanelli went into decline in the mid 1970's following the mass closure of the coal mines in Wales and competition from overseas steel makers. New retail parks and the Millennium Coastal Park have been developed to replace some of the old manufacturing industries.
5. Local attractions in or near Llanelli are:
Millennium Coastal Path
Pembrey Country Park
National Wetlands Centre
Llanelly House (note spelling)
Parc Howard Museum which displays Llanelly (old spelling was with a 'y') Pottery.
5. The spelling 'Llanelly' is an anglicised form which was used in government and official documents until 1965. This is why the local historic building is known as 'Llanelly House'.
4. See also our Swansea regional page for more wedding ideas specific to the wider area of Swansea.
Wedding Themes - Towns Index
Wedding Package Selector - check which wedding package best fits