Wedding Tips: Keep a list of your suppliers
Read more here.
Wedding Tips - Know who pays for what
Wedding Tip: Cakemaker
Wedding Tips: Your Wedding Suppliers
Wedding Tips: Handwritten Invitations
Wedding Tips: Your Wedding Invitations Wording
Children of 18 and over should receive their own individual invitations.
Use phrases such as, "request the pleasure of your company" and for RSVP cards, you request "the favour of a reply".
The RSVP card is sometimes not understood to be a request for a response. So make it clear that it is to be returned: "Please reply by (date)", or, "The Favour of a Reply by (date) is requested."
Include a Stamped Addressed Envelope for the RSVP to be returned in. You leave blank spaces for the Guest name(s) to be written on the card. After the space for the guest's name, have a couple of options the guest can tick; "Declines with regret" or, "Number of persons attending".
Asking for the 'number attending' instead of a simple, "Yes I'm coming" choice, alerts you to any extra guests or fewer guests compared to those invited in your original invitation.
For more essential tips on how to write wedding invitations and what to include with them, see Wedding Invitations here.
Wedding Tips: Your Wedding Dress
Wedding Tips: Flowers can be poisonous
Wedding Tips: Get it in Writing
This is your written 'contract' with your suppliers. Otherwise there could well be differences between what you picture for your day and what you get, which may spoil your day.
Wedding Tips: To Do Lists and Countdowns
Wedding Tips: Videographer
But also there are weddings where on account of the savings made on the wedding venue (e.g. exclusive use of castle venue free of charge if have over 50 guests staying under our our SWOD deal), there is more money left over for the extras.
So why might you hire a videographer?
1) You can be sure of capturing every moment in greater detail
2) More scope for stunning special effects
3) Capture key moments such as the wedding ceremony itself, and the First Dance
4) Prices from as low as £500
5) Couples admit they only appreciate the true value of the Wedding DVD after the wedding. This is an interesting finding. While the up-front cost may put Couples off, those couples that opted for a Videographer end up appreciating the value of having their wedding professionally filmed.
6) Couples cannot be everywhere so will miss some moments the Videographer will capture for them, enhancing their memories as they look back over scenes they may not have witnessed in person on the Wedding Day
7) Typical £900 package from one supplier includes: Arrivals: (at the Church or wedding location) of the Groom, the Best Man and the guests, the arrival of the Bride, the wedding ceremony (subject to permission), Signing of the register (subject to permission), Romantic montage feature, set to your choice of music, The official photographs. Reception venue: The wedding breakfast, The speeches, Cutting the cake, Approximately an hour-long Feature plus a short Highlights Montage, all edited to your choice of music.
For more details on Videographers see here.
Wedding Tips: Chocolate Fountains
Mostly though we have seen the Chocolate Fountain set up in the Wedding Breakfast room.
Wedding Tips: Wedding favours & table decorations
Although some people are just becoming aware of the concept of Wedding Favours, the gesture of giving away favours at weddings has been practised for centuries around the world. It is said that since the 16th century brides and grooms have presented wedding favours to their wedding guests
Wedding Tips: Dove Release
Some couples have tied in the wrought iron arch with similar styled bird cages from which they have released Doves after their wedding ceremony. We felt this made an excellent and memorable wedding photograph.
Wedding Tips: Wedding Photographer
Photographers have their own style of photography, so you will be checking their websites and their galleries of photos at other weddings to understand their style and how it might fit in with your wedding.
As photographers can only do one wedding a day, you may find them booked up as far ahead as many venues, so be prepared to book your photographer soon after you book the wedding venue. Also find a photographer that has been to the reception venue before, as they will know the best places to get good shots at your chosen venue.
There is a degree of competition between photographers and so we have negotiated some good discounts from our Wedding Photographers at Craig y Nos Castle.
Wedding Tips: Get Receipts
Keep good records in case you are asked to prove you have made a payment. A cash book would have the following columns:
(b) Supplier name,
(c) Method of payment - cheque, cash or credit card,
(d) amount paid.
Wedding Tips: Suit Hire
Wedding Tips: Hire a Harpist
Wedding Tips: Hire a Magician
Wedding Tips: Pianist Plays during Wedding Breakfast
The best place I have seen the Pianist during a wedding breakfast is with her back to the Conservatory windows, as this is a natural direction your guests will look to, on account of the scenery outside.
You would not bother with a pianist in the evening as by then your guests will have had a few drinks and be chatting so loudly to each other they wouldn't hear the pianist anyway. A pianist suits the slower calmer tempo of the Wedding Breakfast, not the dancing and DJ or Band in the louder evening party.
Wedding Tip: Castle Hog Roasts
|Wedding Ideas & Tips|
Our Wedding Packages
|Sunday & Midweek|
Weddings (50 Min)
|Large Local Weddings|
Tea/Buffet (40 Min)
|Small Intimate Weddings|
(75 or 100 Min)
|Last Minute/ Wiinter|
|Wedding Packages Tariff||Cost per head calculator|
|Savings you make|
on the packages
|Wedding Package Selector|
Function and Dining Rooms
|Ceremony Room||Banqueting room|
|Evening Room||Nicolini Lounge|