- Time from Newport in Gwent to Craig y Nos Castle Wedding Venue: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Distance from Newport in Gwent to Craig y Nos Castle Wedding Reception Venue: 53 miles
See our Weekend Wedding Package with 60 to 70 day guests and 50 guests staying overnight.
A unique Wedding Venue - the romance of a real Welsh Castle combined with the historic grandeur of our very own Opera House licensed for wedding ceremonies.
Craig y Nos Castle only accepts one wedding a day, so you and your guests from Gwent will have the run of the whole ground floor of the castle exclusively.
in or near to Brecon,
or can you go further afield
When considering wedding decor you may already have plenty of your own ideas for your wedding. Or maybe you are still looking for inspiration?
Reflect the story of Gwent in your decor, to connect your personal history in your home town's roots, and your family's location in Gwent. You may get some ideas from the history of Gwent below, its buildings, street names, or local transport routes etc.
1. The Kingdom of Gwent was a post-Roman Welsh kingdom in existence from C.5th to C.11th.
2. Gwent County was formed in 1974 and was named after the kingdom of Gwent.
3. Gwent comprised the following districts: Blaenau Gwent District, Islwyn District, Monmouth District, Newport District and Torfaen District.
4. But Gwent as a county authority ceased to exist as of April 1996, though the county name is still used as a 'preserved county', and one certainly still thinks of it as a county postally. Gwent County's population is 560,500.
5. The name Gwent is used often:
Royal Gwent Hospital
Gwent Wildlife Trust
Newport Gwent Dragons rugby team.
6. The Guardian Sculpture: Completed in 2010, 'Guardian' was commissioned to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1960 mining disaster in Six Bells. The 20 metre sculpture towers over the site of the former colliery as a tribute to the 45 men who died here. Their names are listed on panels around the memorial.
Six Bells is south of Abertillery. View the Guardian from the visitor centre at Ty Ebbw Fach - post code for sat nav NP13 2ND.
Wedding Themes - Towns Index
Wedding Package Selector - check which wedding package best fits