You can quickly and easily contact us via the Chat service on this site
Or email the wedding planners on their emails below...
During COVID the castle is mainly closed but we are rota'ing for part time manning of the phones. Wedding viewings are at these times.
Reception & Phones manned times:
JUNE: Tues 1st 9 - 2, Thurs 3rd 9 -2, Sat 5th 10 - 3, Mon 7th 10 -3, Thurs 10th 10 - 3, Fri 11th 10 - 3, 15th 9- 2, 17th –10 - 9, 18th 9 -7, 19th 9- 12, 20th 12 till 9, 21ST 9 - 7, 22nd 9-1, 24th 9-2, 26th 1 - 9, 27th 9 - 7, 28th 9-1, 29th 12-9, 30th 9 - 7
JULY: 1st 9-1, 3rd 9 -7, 4th 9-12
Craig y Nos Castle, Brecon Road
T: 01639 731167/ or 01639
730205/ 0r 01639 730725
❤️ WEDDING FAYRE ❤️
- 24th July 2021 – 10am till 4pm
- 8th September 2021 - 6pm till 9pm (a Wednesday)
- 16th January 2022 – 10am till 4pm
❤️ 'OPEN DAY' ❤️
We have an OPEN DAY on 22nd May 2021 with wedding menu taster evening meal
I’m Nicola Jones and I’m a wedding planner here at Craig Y Nos Castle.
With over 9 year’s experience in the wedding industry working for a number of different venues I can bring a wealth of experience which helps plan your Wedding Day.
Having also worked as an Events Manager for several venues, my experience in running events also extends to Birthday Parties, Conferences and other Group Events. Prior to working for Craig Y Nos Castle I ran my own nightclub for 3 years.
Feel free to contact me on 01639 731167 or by email email@example.com where I can assist with existing wedding queries and take viewings and deal with any aspect of Wedding Bookings.
- We got married here on September 14th. Nicola was absolutely amazing from the moment we have the first meeting with her. There was countless emails and phone calls exchanged between her and my father in law (our unofficial wedding planner) which she was happy to answer any questions we had. We had some many requests that were not quite ordinary but non of them were a trouble. There were minor things that went wrong during the day but we was completely unaware of these as Nicola had sorted them so quickly and professionally. The day would not have gone the way it did without her. The castle was absolutely stunning! The weather was lovely so we was able to go down to the grounds as well. The waiting staff were amazing and friendly and were so accommodating when I asked questions or had requests. We cannot thank Craig y nos enough for making our day perfect.
Simple COVID safe system for booking 2022 and 2023 wedding dates 'remotely'
1. Arrange a viewing with a wedding planner in person.
2. Reserve your date after your viewing - pay initial £250 deposit to reserve your date.
3. Confirm you wish to go ahead with your reserved date within 7 days of viewing in person. You then sign wedding contract and arrange to pay rest of wedding deposit.
I am Molly Stanbury, and have been working as a Wedding Planner with 4 years experience and 1 years prior experience working in a Hotel Reception.
I am on hand to deal with all aspects of our Clients wedding from initial contact, to booking to fulfilment on the day.
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your wedding, or to discuss booking your Wedding at Craig Y Nos Castle, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01639 731167
- We got married here a couple of weeks ago! After a year of planning (October 2019)
- We had a few hiccups in the beginning but they were dealt with immediately! 😊 Such a beautiful venue, we couldn't of wished for a more perfect day! The staff were so welcoming and catered to our every need! We can't thank them enough. We would really like to say a big thankyou to Molly for all that she done for us! From the endless phonecalls, emails, me breaking down into tears and never once did she moan! Nothing was ever to much for her! We went through a hard time and we would always have a phone call checking in on us to make sure we were okay! From sorting our accommodation to literally helping with every little thing!
- Our day went perfectly and it's all down to her! If she noticed a problem it was dealt with before I even knew about it! The flowers and bracelet we got her just don't seem enough to show her our thanks! She literally felt like apart of our family! I hope she gets the recognition that she deserves! We love you Molly 💛 We would definatley recommend Craig Y Nos & look forward to coming down over the Christmas period
I am Emily Tuck and I have worked at Craig Y Nos Castle for nearly 6 years. I started as a Waitress, then worked in the bar. I have worked for almost two years as a Wedding Planning Assistant before recently being promoted to a Wedding Planner.
Using my experience in dealing with our customers, I am able to discuss Weddings with prospective wedding couples to ensure that we can ensure that they get a great offer and great service.
For a Wedding Viewing please contact me on 01639 731167 or email me on email@example.com
- I’ve been waiting to have our wedding photos before leaving a review, so we could show off how amazing it all looks. My husband and I got married here last month (13th September) after booking a last minute package. We cannot thank everyone enough for making our day magical, especially Emily. Nothing was too much of an ask, and any problems or queries we had were dealt with professionally and efficiently.
- There was a wedding at the castle the day before our wedding but thankfully there was accommodation available in the nurses block for me and my bridal party to stay at. This also meant we were able to decorate the conservatory and theatre the night before, even if we were still in there at midnight! But this took a lot of stress away from the morning of the wedding!!
- Emily made sure that we were able to move up to the bridal suite on the morning of the wedding too so that we could have some photos getting ready in a nicer setting.
- The ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening were all amazing. The day went by so quickly but not without any hiccups, but the staff were so kind and thoughtful and made sure that nothing impacted on our day.
- The weather was amazing, the castle was perfect, the food was INCREDIBLE. It really was the fairytale day I’d always imagined. Thank you all so so much and we’ll hopefully be back soon for food or a night away! X
Worked in the Hospitality and Events industry for 8 years, started as a waitress at the age of 14. Restaurant manager for 3 years. I worked as a wedding assistant at Craig y Nos Castle for a year before becoming a Wedding Planner.
Live events assistant at the Wales Millennium Centre for 1 year. Has always had a career dream to become a wedding planner and is thrilled to be a part of a fantastic team. Lives locally.
Will go above and beyond for anyone to make their special day perfect.
Adrianne joined the team as a Wedding Assistant in early 2018 before being promoted in Summer 2019 to Wedding Planner. She can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
- My husband and I got married and had our wedding reception here also. All I can say is Thank you, the staff were all amazing from our first appointment to checking out the next day. They couldn't do enough for you! The food was amazing (all wedding nibbles, buffet and main meal to our breakfast the next day!) and the bar was very well stocked with anything and everything. A special thank you to Adrianne, our wedding coordinator who was such a plesure to deal with and incredibly helpful and professional throughout all the planning. She is a credit to your establishment. Thank you so much again! S and R Nov 2019
Among other things I write this website and so am able to answer most general questions about weddings and bookings, tariffs, availability, and give wedding related and bookings advice.
For anything specific to your wedding you can speak to one of the Planners above, if you know whom you regularly deal with.
Molly, Emily, Adrianne, Nicola and I are often on the Website's Chat, as we all we take turns being on the Chat.
You will always be able to get someone who knows the answers on the Chat Service, most day times and evenings.
Our Wedding Packages
|Sunday & Midweek|
Weddings (50 Min)
|Large Local Weddings|
Tea/Buffet (40 Min)
|Small Intimate Weddings|
(75 or 100 Min)
|Last Minute/ Wiinter|
|Wedding Packages Tariff||Cost per head calculator|
|Savings you make|
on the packages
|Wedding Package Selector|
Function and Dining Rooms
|Ceremony Room||Banqueting room|
|Evening Room||Nicolini Lounge|
|Useful Pages on |
PLANNING YOUR WEDDING DAY at Craig y Nos Castle
|Plan your wedding at Craig y Nos|
|Superior Wedding Breakfast Menu|
|What's not included - Book the Registrar & Wedding Suppliers|
Contact Us Page and
Directions to the castle (2 links)
|Wedding Themes by home town|
|Room Reserving & Booking template (SRUM)|
|Menu selection template - Wedding Breakfast menu|
Your Wedding Booking at Craig y Nos Castle
When you book your wedding with us, we will invite you to our Open Days - see Wedding Fair page for dates of all Fairs.
At an Open Day the Castle will be set up just as it will be on a wedding day. We arrange for Pure Weddings DJ to be here, so the function room is set up as if for an evening wedding party and disco. We also arrange with 'Centre of Attention', a well-known Brecon venue decoration company, to set up several display options for the tables and chairs in the Conservatory, to give you some great ideas for your own wedding.
If you would like to meet with a wedding planner, please complete the appointment resquest form here, suggesting two different times / dates that you can see a wedding planner to discuss your wedding.
The castle is physically closed other than for remote viewings so the phones are not currently manned during COVID restrictions.
(When the castle is open) Reception is manned 09.00 to 21.00 hrs 7 days a week. Sometimes there is only one receptionist on duty and even when there are two, both can be away from the reception desk for a while.
If they are already on the phone or are on a long call or have left their desk to show someone to their room, or if they are simply talking to a customer at the front desk, or if they have nipped behind the bar to serve a drink, the phone may not be answered for several rings. We do not operate an automated answering or call holding / recorded message system. If you keep ringing, this can work, but often it is best to simply ring back in ten minutes.
Overflow calls feed through on the 8th ring to another office, so provided that office is manned in turn, calls will be picked up. However sometimes it can be easier to either ring back in ten minutes or email / chat on line to us!
Website's Chat Service - operates most of the time!
Using the phone has become a less efficient method of contact. The on-line Chat is probably the best method for most questions - plus you can get a written log of your chat for future reference. We installed Jivo Chat on our websites over December 2018 / Jan 2019 and instantly saw a flurry of 20 or so chats coming in each day. This is because Jivochat invites you to join the chat as a pop-up prompt. However with everyone working from home during the pandemic there are times when we can appear to be on chat on line - but we are not physically at our 'home' desk. Please leave a message and your email address on the chat and we will reply to you as soon as we are present!
The beauty of this system is that we can have experienced people, Martin (who writes the websites), the wedding planners above, and key Reception staff, providing a chat advisory service. We can all take turns offering answers on the chat. Customers love this new service as we can often respond instantly and unlike a phone call, it's all in writing for you.
If we are away from Chat, please leave a message and an email address, or have your email already appearing on the Chat window. We'll reply to any question asked within a few hours. Daytimes 09.00 to 21.00 you should receive a response in seconds. Most answers are on this site but to save you digging around looking, within 'Chat' we can quickly link you to the specific part of the specific page that answers your specific query.
Plus you get to keep a copy of your chats with the advice and quotations offered, within the chat, for you to refer to later. This is better than a telephone conversation where you have no documentary evidence of what was discussed / agreed. Always keep your Jivochat transcripts somewhere safe in case you need to refer to them later.
All our wedding team will reply from our email@example.com - any emails to our wedding team should be sent to this or an @craigynoscastle.com address. Emails can then be monitored by Management to ensure they are actioned.
Management can ONLY monitor emails sent to @craigynoscastle.com addresses. Emails sent to any individual's personal in-box, or correspondence on any form of social media, chat forum, what's app etc, cannot be monitored. Requirements that you have for your wedding plans, table arrangements, payments, guest numbers etc should always be sent to an @craigynoscastle.com address.
For accommodation bookings please also cc your email (or address it directly to) firstname.lastname@example.org as accommodation bookings go via reception.
All emails to castle addresses are entered into your database file and responded to by reception or by someone in the Wedding Planning team, generally within 24 hours. Entering emails on to your file allows us to create an 'audit trail' of all correspondence with you and to properly record the evolution of your wedding plans. In this way all your requirements for your wedding are trackable within the emails sequence logged on your file.
Any correspondence with any 'private' email addresses, chats etc, should be cc'd to the email@example.com address so it can go on your file.
In order to ensure that you do receive emails from the Castle it would also be helpful that these 2 email addresses are added to any whitelists or allowed email lists.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 01639 731167 to enquire about holding your Wedding in Wales.
- Main website: www.craigynoscastle.com for general visitors.
- Visit our Dog Friendly Website for B&B breaks with your family pet.
- See our comprehensive Brecon Beacons Hotels website for all our other offers and links to places to see and things to do in the Brecon Beacons National Park and surrounding areas.
- For our over-night viewing break please complete the enquiry form on the "Wedding Viewing Offer Break" page.
Wine & Dine Offer
Wine & Dine & Stay overnight for £149
Wine & Dine & Stay overnight for £149
B&B in an en-suite for one night for two (worth £150 on a weekend night, or £140 mid-week)
Three Course Evening Meal & a free glass of champagne each (worth £60 or more, for two)
Free one hour History Tour of the Castle for two, on the morning of departure (worth £20, for two)
Wedding Planning Meeting & Viewing
40 acres of Country Park & Lakes etc., for walks (we are dog friendly too)
Very Useful Links
Discover everything you need to know about what to do and what to see, when you are here.
Dogs & Local Walks on Craig y Nos Castle's doorstep
1. Dog Walks in the Country Park - Meadow Walks
2. Dog Walks in the Country Park - Woodland Walks
3. Dog Walks up our nearest Mountain, returning via the Welsh Show Caves - Mountain Walk
Dog friendly Nearby Walks (taking the car a short distance)
1. Dog Walks at the Brecon Mountain Centre Walk
2. Local Waterfalls Walk - Henrhyd Waterfalls Walk
3. Local Mountain Lake Walk - Lady of the Lake of Arthurian Legend Walk
5. Circular 2 hour all the round the Reservoir Walk - Usk Reservoir Walk
Touring and Scenery - further afield
1. The Elan Village and Reservoirs
2. Brecon Town
5. Dinefwr Castle and Parkland (National Trust)
7, Lynne Brianne Reservoir Drive and Walks
8. Talybont on Usk Reservoir and Walks
10. Many more Outings with Dogs - another huge resource of dog friendly outings (most allow dogs - exceptions are advised on our list)
11. Suggested Itinerary of what to do and see in the area, on a 4 or 5 day break
History & Renovation
1. Introduction to our Restoration Projects at Craig y Nos Castle
2. See the Transformation of the Conservatory from derelict shell to Wedding Venue
3. Landscaping the theatre Gardens and Exterior work
5. Restoration of the large sitting room - the Nicolini Lounge
6. Conversion of the old Aviary into a Sports room and Spa
8. History of the Castle - First Owner
9. History of the Castle - Adeline Patti
10. Adelina Patti Recordings and the Recording Industry
11. Nicolini Lounge in Historical times - with old pictures
12. Function room in Historical times - with old pictures
13. The Conservatory in Historical times - with old pictures
13. How Craig y Nos Castle's Winter Gardens become the Patti Pavilion in Swansea
Ghosts & Ghouls
1. The Share the Experience Ghost tour for groups of ten or more to arrange their own group tour (minimum 10)
2. The G.H.O.S.T. tour - a once monthly History and Ghost tour which individuals and couples can book on to without organising their own group tour (maximum 15 on each monthly tour)
3. Ghost Stories, Room 36,
Patti Bar fireplace, the
old staircase, and see the site for more stories and history