You can quickly and easily contact us via the Chat service on this site - all chats replied to, fast
Or email the wedding planners on their emails below...
Reception 01639 731167
Mobile for urgent calls if no answer above 07804 516 351 but use chat in preference
2022 is busy with weddings due to COVID postponements and we are a bit short staffed given the extra workload. This will only be up to Oct 2022 then it gets quieter again. Reception is manned most days but often with just one receptionist. If you do not get a call on first number try chat service or the second number. The chat service on the website can be quicker than the phone.
If you are local you can also drop in without an appointment, on dates without weddins on - see blank dates here. Please only visit on a white / blank date - or a grey shaded date - to avoid the weddings.
Or you can come to one of our new Open Days which are now once a month, mostly Sundays - see Open Days and Dates here.
- RECEPTION TIMES -
09.00-17.00 hrs most days. Sometimes someone is on till around 9 pm. The chat service should be used also.
If you are a wedding guest please
Use CHAT if you cannot get through on phone. 'Chat' gives you a quicker response than emails. To improve our contactability for both new prospective Couples and existing signed up wedding clients we have now:
1. Introduced Monthly Open Days - see Open Days here (they were twice a year but are now monthly)
2. Centralised the Wedding Planner Diary - so reception can access the Diary and book you into an appointment with your Planner
3. Increased Viewing and Appointment times - shown here.
Craig y Nos Castle, Brecon Road
T: 01639 731167/ or 01639
730205/ 0r 01639 730725
Castle Cashless from 1st December 2021
Following a recent Treasury Announcement and change within the Banking Act, as of 15/10/2021 the contactless card limit rises from £45 to £100. The pandemic has influenced several changes for businesses including the 'contactless' boom. We have been monitoring the falling use of cash and the increasing transactional and administrative cost associated with using cash as a payment method. As a company we have therefore decided that from the 1st December 2021 we will no longer accept cash payments for food and beverage sales. We've removed the minimum spend on card purchases. As of the 1st December we will only accept card payments.
I’m Nicola Jones and I’m a wedding planner here at Craig Y Nos Castle.
With over 9 year’s experience in the wedding industry working for a number of different venues I can bring a wealth of experience which helps plan your Wedding Day.
Having also worked as an Events Manager for several venues, my experience in running events also extends to Birthday Parties, Conferences and other Group Events. Prior to working for Craig Y Nos Castle I ran my own nightclub for 3 years.
Feel free to contact me on 01639 731167 or by email email@example.com where I can assist with existing wedding queries and take viewings and deal with any aspect of Wedding Bookings.
- We got married here on September 14th. Nicola was absolutely amazing from the moment we have the first meeting with her. There was countless emails and phone calls exchanged between her and my father in law (our unofficial wedding planner) which she was happy to answer any questions we had. We had some many requests that were not quite ordinary but non of them were a trouble. There were minor things that went wrong during the day but we was completely unaware of these as Nicola had sorted them so quickly and professionally. The day would not have gone the way it did without her. The castle was absolutely stunning! The weather was lovely so we was able to go down to the grounds as well. The waiting staff were amazing and friendly and were so accommodating when I asked questions or had requests. We cannot thank Craig y nos enough for making our day perfect.
- Hi Nicola, I wanted to say how incredible you were on the day. I was extremely anxious about the day, you promised me everything would be taken care of and my god you delivered!! We had a fantastic day and our guests loved it more than we did! We have received endless compliments about the team and the venue - you’re name was brought up multiple times. My mum is still singing your praises today and she’s a tougher audience than me! You are a credit to the team and you should be incredibly proud! Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Danielle & Alex.
I am Emily Tuck and I have worked at Craig Y Nos Castle for nearly 6 years. I started as a Waitress, then worked in the bar. I have worked for almost two years as a Wedding Planning Assistant before recently being promoted to a Wedding Planner.
Using my experience in dealing with our customers, I am able to discuss Weddings with prospective wedding couples to ensure that we can ensure that they get a great offer and great service.
For a Wedding Viewing please contact me on 01639 731167 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve been waiting to have our wedding photos before leaving a review, so we could show off how amazing it all looks. My husband and I got married here last month (13th September) after booking a last minute package. We cannot thank everyone enough for making our day magical, especially Emily. Nothing was too much of an ask, and any problems or queries we had were dealt with professionally and efficiently.
- There was a wedding at the castle the day before our wedding but thankfully there was accommodation available in the nurses block for me and my bridal party to stay at. This also meant we were able to decorate the conservatory and theatre the night before, even if we were still in there at midnight! But this took a lot of stress away from the morning of the wedding!!
- Emily made sure that we were able to move up to the bridal suite on the morning of the wedding too so that we could have some photos getting ready in a nicer setting.
- The ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening were all amazing. The day went by so quickly but not without any hiccups, but the staff were so kind and thoughtful and made sure that nothing impacted on our day.
- The weather was amazing, the castle was perfect, the food was INCREDIBLE. It really was the fairytale day I’d always imagined. Thank you all so so much and we’ll hopefully be back soon for food or a night away! X
- My husband and I got married and had our wedding reception here also. All I can say is Thank you, the staff were all amazing from our first appointment to checking out the next day. They couldn't do enough for you! The food was amazing (all wedding nibbles, buffet and main meal to our breakfast the next day!) and the bar was very well stocked with anything and everything. A special thank you to Adrianne, our wedding coordinator who was such a plesure to deal with and incredibly helpful and professional throughout all the planning. She is a credit to your establishment. Thank you so much again! S and R Nov 2019
- We got married here a couple of weeks ago! After a year of planning (October 2019 We had a few hiccups in the beginning but they were dealt with immediately! 😊 Such a beautiful venue, we couldn't of wished for a more perfect day! The staff were so welcoming and catered to our every need! We can't thank them enough. We would really like to say a big thankyou to Molly for all that she done for us! From the endless phonecalls, emails, me breaking down into tears and never once did she moan! Nothing was ever to much for her! We went through a hard time and we would always have a phone call checking in on us to make sure we were okay! From sorting our accommodation to literally helping with every little thing!
- Our day went perfectly and it's all down to her! If she noticed a problem it was dealt with before I even knew about it! The flowers and bracelet we got her just don't seem enough to show her our thanks! She literally felt like apart of our family! I hope she gets the recognition that she deserves! We love you Molly 💛 We would definatley recommend Craig Y Nos & look forward to coming down over the Christmas period
Among other things I write this website and so am able to answer most general questions about weddings and bookings, tariffs, availability, and give wedding related and bookings advice.
For anything specific to your wedding you can speak to one of the Planners above, if you know whom you regularly deal with.
Martin, Emily, and Nicola are often on the Website's Chat, as we all we take turns being on the Chat.
You will always be able to get someone who knows the answers on the Chat Service, most day times and evenings.
I live in Dorset at weekends and during school holidays but am at the castle during the week. This means I can also show Wedding Couples around the Castle if a planner is not able to see you or we have no Planners available. I am at the castle Monday to Friday school term times.
Our Wedding Packages
|Sunday & Midweek|
Weddings (50 Min)
|Large Local Weddings|
Tea/Buffet (40 Min)
|Small Intimate Weddings|
(75 or 100 Min)
|Last Minute/ Wiinter|
|Wedding Packages Tariff||Cost per head calculator|
|Savings you make|
on the packages
|Wedding Package Selector|
Function and Dining Rooms
|Ceremony Room||Banqueting room|
|Evening Room||Nicolini Lounge|
Visit us on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat
|Useful Pages on |
PLANNING YOUR WEDDING DAY at Craig y Nos Castle
|Plan your wedding at Craig y Nos|
|Superior Wedding Breakfast Menu|
|What's not included - Book the Registrar & Wedding Suppliers|
Contact Us Page and
Directions to the castle (2 links)
|Wedding Themes by home town|
|Room Reserving & Booking template (SRUM)|
|Menu selection template - Wedding Breakfast menu|
|Min No. Day Guest|
|Min No. stay over-night|
Click for what's included
Click for Terms
Wedding Package Click
|25||Armed Forces /|
|100||20||Evening Only Wedding||Terms||Tariff|
Your Wedding Booking at Craig y Nos Castle
When you book your wedding with us, we will invite you to our Open Days - see Wedding Fair page for dates of all Fairs.
At an Open Day the Castle will be set up just as it will be on a wedding day.
We arrange for Pure Weddings DJ to be here, so the function room is set up as if for an evening wedding party and disco. We also arrange with 'Centre of Attention', a well-known Brecon venue decoration company, to set up several display options for the tables and chairs in the Conservatory, to give you some great ideas for your own wedding.
If you would like to meet with a wedding planner, please complete the appointment resquest form here, suggesting two different times / dates that you can see a wedding planner to discuss your wedding.
Wedding Reviews Craig y Nos Castle
|Wedding Reviews Craig y Nos Castle 2021|
|Wedding Reviews Craig y Nos Castle 2020|
(When the castle is fully open) Reception is manned 09.00 to 21.00 hrs 7 days a week. Sometimes there is only one receptionist on duty and even when there are two, both can be away from the reception desk for a while. Post COVID, we are operating some days on reduced hours.
If we are on the phone or are on a long call or have left the desk to show someone to their room, or if we are talking to a customer at the front desk, or nip behind the bar to serve a drink, the phone may not be answered for several rings. We do not operate an automated answering or call holding / recorded message system. If you keep ringing, this can work, but often it is best to then use the Website's chat service.
Website's Chat Service - operates most of the time!
Using the phone has become a less efficient method of contact. The on-line Chat is the best method for most questions - plus you can get a written log of your chat for future reference. We installed Jivo Chat on our websites over December 2018 / Jan 2019 and instantly saw a flurry of 20 chats coming in each day. Now it is nearer a 100 chats a day. This is because Jivochat invites you to join the chat as a pop-up prompt. With more working from home during the pandemic, chat has really worked well. Leave a message and your email address on the chat and we will reply to you fast, often within minutes and certainly the same day.
Chat means we have experienced people, Martin (who writes the websites), the wedding planners, and key Reception staff, providing a chat advisory service. We can all take turns offering answers on the chat. Customers love this new service as we can often respond instantly and unlike a phone call, it's all in writing for you.
If we are away from Chat, please leave a message and an email address. We reply to any question the same day. Most answers are on this site but to save you digging around looking, within 'Chat' we can quickly link you to the specific page that answers your query. You get a copy of your chats with the advice and quotations offered, for you to refer to later. This is better than a telephone conversation where you have no documentary record of what you discussed. Keep your Jivochat transcripts somewhere safe so you can refer to them later.
Reception will reply from email@example.com - any emails to our wedding team should be sent to the planner's own email address or the info address.
Management can ONLY monitor emails sent to @craigynoscastle.com addresses. Emails sent to any individual's personal in-box, or correspondence on any form of social media, chat forum, what's app etc, cannot be monitored. Requirements that you have for your wedding plans, table arrangements, payments, guest numbers etc should always be sent to an @craigynoscastle.com address. For accommodation bookings please also cc your email (or address it directly to) firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete the Wedding Guest B&B form here. All emails to castle addresses are entered into your database file and responded to by reception or by someone in the Wedding Planning team, generally within 24 hours. Entering emails on to your file allows us to create an 'audit trail' of all correspondence with you and to properly record the evolution of your wedding plans. In this way all your requirements for your wedding are trackable within the emails sequence logged on your file.
Any correspondence with any 'private' email addresses, chats etc, should be cc'd to email@example.com address so it can go on your file. In order to ensure that you do receive emails from the Castle it would also be helpful that these email addresses are added to any whitelists or allowed email lists.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 01639 731167 to enquire about holding your Wedding in Wales.
- Main website: www.craigynoscastle.com for general visitors.
- Visit our Dog Friendly Website for B&B breaks with your family pet.
- See our comprehensive Brecon Beacons Hotels website for all our other offers and links to places to see and things to do in the Brecon Beacons National Park and surrounding areas.
- For our over-night viewing break please complete the enquiry form on the "Wedding Viewing Offer Break" page.
Wine & Dine Offer
Wine & Dine & Stay overnight for £149
Wine & Dine & Stay overnight for £149
B&B in an en-suite for one night for two (worth £150 on a weekend night, or £140 mid-week)
Three Course Evening Meal & a free glass of champagne each (worth £60 or more, for two)
Free one hour History Tour of the Castle for two, on the morning of departure (worth £20, for two)
Wedding Planning Meeting & Viewing
40 acres of Country Park & Lakes etc., for walks (we are dog friendly too)
Very Useful Links
Discover everything you need to know about what to do and what to see, when you are here.
Dogs & Local Walks on Craig y Nos Castle's doorstep
1. Dog Walks in the Country Park - Meadow Walks
2. Dog Walks in the Country Park - Woodland Walks
3. Dog Walks up our nearest Mountain, returning via the Welsh Show Caves - Mountain Walk
Dog friendly Nearby Walks (taking the car a short distance)
1. Dog Walks at the Brecon Mountain Centre Walk
2. Local Waterfalls Walk - Henrhyd Waterfalls Walk
3. Local Mountain Lake Walk - Lady of the Lake of Arthurian Legend Walk
5. Circular 2 hour all the round the Reservoir Walk - Usk Reservoir Walk
Touring and Scenery - further afield
1. The Elan Village and Reservoirs
2. Brecon Town
5. Dinefwr Castle and Parkland (National Trust)
7, Lynne Brianne Reservoir Drive and Walks
8. Talybont on Usk Reservoir and Walks
10. Many more Outings with Dogs - another huge resource of dog friendly outings (most allow dogs - exceptions are advised on our list)
11. Suggested Itinerary of what to do and see in the area, on a 4 or 5 day break
History & Renovation
1. Introduction to our Restoration Projects at Craig y Nos Castle
2. See the Transformation of the Conservatory from derelict shell to Wedding Venue
3. Landscaping the theatre Gardens and Exterior work
5. Restoration of the large sitting room - the Nicolini Lounge
6. Conversion of the old Aviary into a Sports room and Spa
8. History of the Castle - First Owner
9. History of the Castle - Adeline Patti
10. Adelina Patti Recordings and the Recording Industry
11. Nicolini Lounge in Historical times - with old pictures
12. Function room in Historical times - with old pictures
13. The Conservatory in Historical times - with old pictures
13. How Craig y Nos Castle's Winter Gardens become the Patti Pavilion in Swansea
Ghosts & Ghouls
1. The Share the Experience Ghost tour for groups of ten or more to arrange their own group tour (minimum 10)
2. The G.H.O.S.T. tour - a once monthly History and Ghost tour which individuals and couples can book on to without organising their own group tour (maximum 15 on each monthly tour)
3. Ghost Stories, Room 36,
Patti Bar fireplace, the
old staircase, and see the site for more stories and history