We have a wide choice of Castle Wedding Packages. Our larger weddings are held at weekends and smaller weddings are midweek. Each wedding package is exclusive to the Wedding of the Day - we only allow one wedding a day at the castle.
|Min No. Day Guest|
|Min No. stay over-night|
Click for what's included
Click for Terms
Wedding Package Click
|25||Armed Forces /|
|100||20||Evening Only Wedding||Terms||Tariff|
19/05/2022 - AB26: We had good food and enjoyed it. Very hard working staff and so friendly. The waitress was kind to Gran on the first night and offered her preferences to what was on the menu. Much appreciated. Beautiful and easily accessible. A very beautiful place I would recommend. I took my dog and it was easy to get her in and out to the gardens and the park. We joined a wedding party for 2 nights . It was wonderful to stay in a fairytale setting and it was just like being a guest in a friend's home . Thank you. Read More 2022 reviews from guests here.
Which wedding package will work for you best based on:
1. Your Day Guests number
2. Your preferred Day of Week
3. How many guests will stay overnight?
4. Are you prepared to choose a Last Minute Wedding Date?
Choose which wedding package will be right for you, based on your numbers, your budget, which year you want to get married, and your preferred day of week, etc.
(1) Guest Numbers
How many day guests at your wedding:
Benefit: The more guests you have, the more choice on day of week.
Saturday Weddings have min. 70 day guests, Fridays min. 60 day guests, Weekdays 50.
Smaller weddings held midweek - weekends are for larger weddings.
0-24: Below 25, not eligible for a 'Wedding Package'. See Ceremony Only Weddings
25-49: See Intimate Wedding Package (weekdays)
40-150: For a tea & evening buffet in place of traditional Wedding Breakfast, see Wednesday Wedding Package (Wednesdays)
50 or more: Midweek Wedding Package (weekdays)
60 or more: Friday Wedding Package (Fridays)
70 or more: Saturday Wedding Package (Saturdays)
Max No. Day Guests in Conservatory is 130 and in Function room 150. Evening Guest numbers up to 200.
(2) Day of Week
Which day of week to get married?
Saturday - Saturday Wedding Package. Min. 70 day guests.
Friday - Friday Wedding Package. Min. 60 day guests.
Two Day Wedding: Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday - see VIP Weekend Exclusive Deal. Min. 70 Dinner, B&B both nights, & Min. 70 guests at wedding for this full 2-day package.
Sunday-Thursday - Midweek Wedding Package (Min. 50 day guests) or the Intimate Wedding Package (Min. 25 day guests).
Wednesday - see Wednesday Wedding Package.
(3) Overnight Guests Guarantee
How many guests will stay night?
Important Benefit: Accommodation use allows dicounted Venue Hire. With enough guests staying overnight, venue hire greatly reduced.
- If none / few want to stay -
A: At 100 guests or more - see Ultimate Wedding Package - has low overnight guest requirement.
B: For 25-49 guests - see Intimate Wedding Package - has no overnight guest requirement.
C: For 50-99 guests with none to stay overnight - speak to Wedding Planner about our Bespoke Regular Wedding Tariff. But for best value, find a suitable wedding package & either subsidise guests accommodation or pay a top-up to meet accommodation guarantee.
- 20 or more to stay overnight
A: Last Minute Weddings: If date is within next 6 - 7 months, see Last Minute Wedding Package. Min. 50 day guests with Min. 20 overnight.
B: Wednesday: see Wednesday Wedding Package. Min. 40 day guests with Min. 20 overnight. A tea and buffet alternative to traditional 'wedding banquet'.
- 25 or more to stay overnight
A: Above 25 overnight & Min. 50 day guests - see Midweek Wedding Package
B: If less then 50 day guests, see Wednesday Wedding Package (Min. 40 day guests)
or Intimate Wedding Package (Min. 25 day guests)
- 50 or more to stay overnight
A: See Saturday Wedding Package if Day Guests over 70
B: See Friday Wedding Package if Day guests over 60
- We want our guests to be able to stay the Night Before our wedding
Choose a Midweek or Intimate Wedding Package, on a Monday to Thursday, or a Friday Wedding.
Check there's no wedding before your date on availability calendars.
If no Wedding before your wedding day, you can reserve some bedrooms for the night before, for your own guests.
However you cannot reserve rooms the night before your wedding if your wedding is on a Saturday, as we'll likely have another wedding on Friday and they'll need all our bedrooms for their wedding.
(4) Winter Weddings Jan Feb March
Last Minute Weddings (within next 6-7 months)
If your wedding date is in next 6 - 7 months, or in Jan Feb March, see Last Minute Wedding Package (Min. 50 day guests with Min. 20 guests overnight.)
In winter (Jan, Feb, Mar) the wedding before yours will be a smaller winter wedding not using all bedrooms. So some guests can stay the night before, but priority is given to the wedding of the day, should they need more rooms for their guests.
- Managing Director reports: "Despite inflation at 10% as of June 2022, we are holding our rates unchanged, to see how long so called 'transitory' inflation lasts. We don't want to raise prices as one of our selling points is how reasonable our rates are. Unusually for a wedding venue, our Wedding Breakfast, Evening Buffet and Drinks Package remain at 2018 rates for 2023-2025. But we are now under-charging compared to most wedding venues. We kept lower rates in part because we hosted so many weddings (145 in 2022) but this cannot continue indefinitely. Rate reviews are in March. With food, electricity bills and heating oil all doubling over last 12 months and talk of Electricity going up five fold within next 12 months, if inflation really beds in, our tariffs must move in line with inflation. No one expected such a rapid increase in costs a year ago. All venues will be revising their original tariffs (as we all set our tariffs 2 - 3 yrs ahead). So while you can, book ASAP to 'lock in' our current tariffs for weddings in 2023-2025. Booking before each annual review (i.e. before 31st March) is always advised - we may increase rates ahead of March review this time around."
If you can't budget for your Dream Wedding just yet, but wish to get married sooner, see our offer on having your Ceremony Only first, and your main Wedding Day later.
Special Interest Groups
Armed Forces/ NHS etc: A separate niche wedding package for members of Armed Forces and Emergency Services including NHS. This is for any client whose job may require them to alter their wedding date through no fault of their own. Special terms allow for moving the date - see Armed Forces and Emergency Services Discounted Wedding Package.
Indian Weddings: These are large weddings often with specialist menus spread over 2-3 days. For 2 - 3 consecutive days you need to book 2-3 years ahead in peak season. See Indian Weddings. Our capacity is max 150 day we may be too small a venue for large (over 150 guests) Indian Weddings.
Baby Showers - see Baby Showers.
Wedding Anniversary Parties - see Wedding Anniversary.
Ceremony Only Weddings in Opera house - see Opera House Wedding Ceremony.
Ceremony Only Weddings in Summer House - see Summer House Weddings.
Wedding Package Selector - check which wedding package fits your requirements
detailed pricing table
for all our main wedding packages